Shawn
I finished my second pair of Monkey Sock last night. I have to tell you, the first pair I used Blue Moon Fiber Arts STR mediumweight, but this time I used Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock yarn in the Devon colorway and I am in love. I plan to buy more of the sock yarn. It was soft and easy to work with. The socks are not too heavy like the STR and I have tried the lightweight and it was just to heavy for me, even for boots. I cast on June 10th and finished June 19th.



Pattern: Cookie A. Monkey
Yarn: Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in Devon
Needles: Clover / US #1 (3.25mm / US #2 to cast on)

Mods/Details:

  • Sl1, K1 Heel flap
  • Picot Edge
  • I knit 5 repeats for the leg and 6 repeats for the foot
  • Thoughts on the yarn: I love this yarn, first because it washable. Second, the weight of it is just right to wear with anything (sneakers, boots or shoes). This now my favorite sock yarn.
I just cast on for Charade by Sandra Park. This is my progress so far.



I really like this pattern. This is my 3rd attempt at knitting socks with this yarn. It's Lorna's Laces and so far all the patterns I've tried with it just didn't do it justice. I think this patterns is perfect for this yarn.

I'm still working on the baby sweater. No new updates on that yet.
0 Responses